Not That Rob Thomas
A Day in the Life of John Lasseter
I love this documentary. John Lasseter is one of those guys I really admire. It’s only 25 minutes but I could watch it a hundred times.
Click here to watch ‘A Day In The Life of John Lasseter’
Pictures from the doc:
Unleash Your Fingers is amazing!
Saying Goodbye to WorshipHouse Media
Over on the Igniter Media blog, I talked about how we just sold WorshipHouse Media… It’s such a crazy thing that I’m still processing.
In our companies history, this is more than a new chapter… it’s a new act! Pray for us and read my thoughts below.
Saying Goodbye to WorshipHouse Media: Blogpost on Igniter Media
Why I can’t get onboard with 3D anything.
Okay, maybe I can get onboard with View Masters, but that’s it. I’ve been a skeptic of 3D for a while now and wanted to write about it a year ago or so… but I didn’t, because I needed to wait to see Avatar.
Avatar was shot fully in 3D. I saw it in 3D. My experience was mixed. It was visually interesting to watch it in 3D. No question about that. But while Avatar was visually interesting, here are my reasons I don’t ever want to go to a 3D movie again.
- Even in Avatar, I was always aware that I was watching the movie in 3D. In other words, I’m brought back to reality (me sitting in a movie theater) way more then when I go see a 2D movie.
- I always get a headache. Every time without fail. I saw Beowulf in 3D IMAX and I wanted to break my 17.5 year barf streak.
- I hate wearing glasses.
- It’s more expensive. That really gets me. Charge me more for an experience I like less? That doesn’t make sense.
I’m sorry to my friends who love 3D (and I have close friends who are on the opposite side of this argument). I hope 3D works out for you guys and you enjoy a fruitful life enjoying 3D movies. Just don’t invite me.
If you want an amazing article on 3D you must read what Roger Ebert has to say about it. (click here for the article)
My likes and dislikes of Apple (take 1)
- The 27” LED Cinema Display that Apple makes is beautiful. I like it better than the older 30” Cinema Displays… mainly because it’s brighter, crisper, and has a built-in iChat camera
- I love FaceTime. I set it up on the computer at home and now, for the first time ever, my kids can call me whenever they want. I always love it when they call (even if it’s 4 times a day) because their mom doesn’t even know they are doing it.
- Can’t believe I’m saying this, but for my kids, I love PhotoBooth. On their own, my kids have made or taken 837 videos/pictures of themselves being silly. The videos are priceless and I never would have been able to capture them on my own.
- I will always be fond of and thankful for GarageBand. I have recently started doing audio stuff in Logic, but for the past 5+ years, I have worn GarageBand out… I have taken it to it’s limits several times. I’ve created a ton of music or samples in it that are scattered throughout our Igniter videos as well as Johnny and Chachi music.
- To that end, I now love Apple Logic Studio. So powerful, I’m still learning… but have already made several things in it.
- I have an iPad and love it. I read iBooks, Kindle books, and FlipBoard from it… Those are some of my favorites. I can now connect it to…
- The Apple TV. I love that we can rent movies and TV shows but the BEST feature is that we can watch Netflix HD stuff on it.
- Goes without saying but the iPhone is the best device of the last decade. So that’s a strong ‘like’.
- Their over-marketing for the addition of the Beatles in iTunes was dumb.
- There are several features missing in iPhoto that really irks me. I can no longer ‘Reveal in Finder’ when right clicking an image. I used that a lot. I like the email templates but hate that I can’t simply attach a photo to an email like a normal person. And I think the feature rich iPhoto is too sloooooowww. My computer can’t handle it.
- The new 15” MacBook Pros don’t have an Express Card slot… I kinda need that to connect to our server raid.
- iMovie is just almost unusable. I’m so nervous that they think iMovie is brilliant and are going to mess up the new Final Cut Pro coming this April (best guess on when it’s coming).
- They have discontinued the Xserve. We use that at our company and I don’t understand why they are letting it go. They are hurting their professional user market.
- The new iTunes logo. It looks cheap.
That’s good for now… What about you? What do you ‘like’ or ‘dislike’?